Resources for Buyers
Things to Consider Before Buying a Home
- Find a Lender – Most people need to take out a mortgage when buying a home, and you’ll want to be prepared to make an offer when you find that perfect home. It’s important to be sure that you’re preapproved for a mortgage before you start looking at homes so you don’t miss out on any opportunities. If you need help finding a lender, we can recommend trusted lenders near you.
- Price Range – Calculate what’s realistic for you before considering different areas to live in to be sure things stay within your budget. Once you know your budget, we can help you make the most out of your money.
- Research – Finding the right home can be time consuming, but it’s important to consider everything before you decide. What’s the commute like to work? If you have kids, what are the schools like in the area? How many bedrooms and bathrooms will you need? Is there a style of home you prefer? All are important factors to take into account during your home search. We are dedicated to helping you through the entire home buying process. Once we find that perfect home, we will prepare a written offer. With our experience in the market, we can help you arrive at an offer that both fits your budget and has the best chance of being accepted.
- Once Your Offer is Accepted – After your offer is accepted, you’ll have an opportunity period to have the house professionally inspected and request repairs or counteroffer if the situation arises. We’re here to assist you with any questions you may have during the process.
- Moving Time! – Now that you’ve found your perfect home it’s time to make moving arrangements. If you plan on utilizing a professional moving company, we can recommend reputable, local movers. Don’t forget to fill out your change of address forms and inform the utility company of your move!